Solar Road Marker
The Solar Road Marker is a solar-powered light and reflector that flashes
at night to mark the edge or path of a road, walkway or area. Also called
a solar road stud, solar pavement marker, or solar cat eye. It is ideal
for use on roadways, walkways, commercial areas, isolated areas, hazardous
areas, and stand-alone traffic locations.
The Light Emitting Diode (LED) light provides better marking in low-light
conditions than does a conventional reflective marker, especially in places
where the light from the headlight beam does not reflect back from the reflector
to the driver. The Solar Road Marker has a battery for powering the lamp
when the sun is not shining, such as during nighttime or cloudy weather.
The Solar Road Marker:
- Provides clear marking of the road edge and direction for drivers at
night and during bad weather conditions (fog, rain)
- Augments painted road markings which on wet roads reflect street lights
and vehicle lights and make the road markings unseeable or confusing
- Improves the drivers ability to steer the vehicle along dark areas,
curved roads, abrupt grades, or dangerous sections of road.
- Increases the effective warning distance of hazards for drivers.
- Attracts driver attention to reduce speed, watch for hazards, and follow
- Reduces driver fatigue while driving at night on long, monotonous,
or dark roads.
- Prevents accidents and injuries caused by driving out of the lane or
off the road, or driving into hidden or hard-to-see intersections.
- Is a cost-effective, easy-to-install and no-maintenance
The Solar Road Marker has:
- High-visibility LED lights emit light and ensure easy and safe night
driving along roads
- Brightness-sensitive auto-switch automatically turns on at night (dark
clouds) and turns off at dawn (daylight)
- Solid aluminum shell with round pillar for secure ground mount. Screw-mount
(no pillar) available.
- Reflective and abrasion-resistant polycarbonate (UV-stabilized) cover
- Passive retro-reflective lens for daytime marking
- Solar cell provides power to light LEDs and charge battery
- Ni-MH rechargeable battery
- Battery charge controller with over-discharge protection
- LED lamp with super-bright 5mm diameter LEDs in yellow color. Red,
blue, green, and white LED color lamp available.
- Light intensity of 10,000mcd. Viewing distance of 800m.
- Light action: Flashing light at 2 cycles per second (2Hz). Steady (constant)
- Standard LED configuration is bi-directional (LED in front and rear
directions). Available in mono-directional LED.
- Compressive strength (bearable weight): 20 tons no pillar. 30 tons
- Mounting: Concrete anchor or wood screw. Or pillar (post) mount.
- Size: 103x103x23mm. Pillar: Diameter 26mm x length
55mm. 121x111x20mm no pillar available.
The Solar Road Marker is spaced apart depending on the speed of the vehicle
and abruptness of the hazard.
- Highways and Expressways: 5-6 meters (16-20 feet) apart
- Dangerous Entrances and Exits: 2-3 meters (6-10 feet) apart
- Access or Exit ways for Hospitals, Parking Lots, walkways, etc.:
0.5-2.0 meters (2-6 feet) apart
- Not suitable for installation in tunnels, inside buildings, under
bridges, or in places where there is no sunlight.
The Solar Road Marker has the following options:
- Lamp Color: Red, blue, green, and white LED
- Lamp Action: Steady (non-flashing) lamp
- Housing Color: Yellow, red coating